Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300D-T, 1989 Porsche 911 Cab, 1986 Volvo 760T, 2010 BMW 535XiT 6MT and 2014 i3 Rex
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to possibly upgrade wheels to AMG monoblock type II on a '94 SL600. The car is otherwise stock. I notice there are different rim sizes, widths, offsets, etc. Being new to wheel terminology, anyone have any advice on what would look best on this car? Thanks, Patrick

·
Registered
SL60
46 Posts
Get the 20" chrome Lorenzo wheels with the spin=tek, if your are looking for a real head...

Get the 20" chrome Lorenzo wheels with the spin=tek, if your are looking for a real head turner. I know first hand

·
Registered
SL500
56 Posts
I just upgraded the wheels on my '94 SL500. I went with 17" wheels because they were a com...

I just upgraded the wheels on my '94 SL500. I went with 17" wheels because they were a compromise between ride and looks. (The bigger wheel sizes may look good, but I also want to enjoy the ride.) Most of the wheels I wanted came in 17" as the minimum size, so the smaller size didn't impact my choices. I went through TireRack and they helped me make sense of all the different options. (BTW... I got Potenza's and they ride, handle great... and they are quiet.)

·
Registered
92 300E
78 Posts
I'll second gherman's advice about TireRack. Go to www.tirerack.com andy type in your ca...

I'll second gherman's advice about TireRack. Go to www.tirerack.com andy type in your car model info, and their system will come up with all of the possible fits (they have AMG wheels as well) - AND - the best part - will show you pictures of what your car will look like with wheels you select. It's awesome.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Go with what suits your taste, 17 or 18" look killer and ride nicely. 19/20" wheels wil...

Go with what suits your taste, 17 or 18" look killer and ride nicely. 19/20" wheels will also look very good but sacrifice the ride quality. I put the 18" AMG wheels from the '03 SL onto my car recently and like how they look.

Attachments

·
Registered
1997 SL320
36 Posts
RE: Go with what suits your taste, 17 or 18" look killer and ride nicely. 19/20" wheels wil...

Hey Cj i have a 197 sl320 and i was wondering what number those amg wheels are and if they would fit onto my car, Thanks alot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts