Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had now for a while a squeaking problem which sounds like its coming from my wheels. I took it to a Rhinos Tyre dealers who tried to resolve the problem by using some emery cloth on the brake disks as they thought it was catching but this didn't work. I had the brake pads changed only last November and are still in very good condition. The squeeking happens usually when I'm driving around 5-20 mph and is getting very irritating, any help would be appreciated on this.

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,047 Posts
I am surprised no one answered this. There is a good chance your brake caliper pistons are not retracting enough because the pistons are sticking and or the caliper piston seal has lost elasticity. (You said only the pads were replaced.)

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,047 Posts
I forgot the picture. If you read the text it speaks of how the Caliper Seal deflection pulls the Caliper Piston back. When that seal gets old and inelastic it cannot pull the Caliper Piston back as it should and if you combine that with the rusted gunk that collects at the bottom of the caliper the Piston is reluctant to move back away from the Disc.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts