Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
E320/C43/Aviator
204 Posts
problems.......

this kind of spacers are known to wigle the tires at highway speeds. just get rims that are different offset that orig. like a deepdish type wheels.

my $.02

·
Registered
2014 Audi S5 Cabriolet 3.0T
1,383 Posts
ive heard bad stuff, i think garyroseyu said someting to me...

ive heard bad stuff, i think garyroseyu said someting to me

·
Registered
2002 ML55K
2,292 Posts
Check local laws, too

I've heard that in NJ you won't pass inspection if your tires extend beyond the fender flares.

Aside from that they're supposed to screw up your alignment and wheel balance. I'd never consider them so I haven't done any real research.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I was hoping for cheaper solution to achieving the more aggressive look t...

Thanks everyone. I was hoping for cheaper solution to achieving the more aggressive look to my ML. I'll eventually buy nicer wheels/rims, but I guess I'll just have to stick to the stock rims for now.
[:(]

I just love the way this ML looks! Although, I have a lot of work to do to mine before it even looks like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 E350
2,048 Posts
Not recommended......

If spacers are improperly installed it can cause vibration and stress fractures that can form over time due to the torque and will cause problems with your alignment, bearings, turning, and numerous other front-end dynamics. Just too many variables to make it worth the risk IMHO. I am speaking from experience with spacers I installed on my "Limited Editon Isuzu" Impulse to save some money with cheap rims. The suspension was designed by "Lotus". A year and a half later my suspension was shot do to the spacers. Needless to say I learned my lesson the hard way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.