Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'00 c230k [w202]
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a good size for spacers/adapters?
my rear tires say 225/40R18 they are not staggered
is 20MM a good size? what do you recommend? thanks!

·
Registered
1996 C280 elegance
48 Posts
Im running 25mm spacers at the rear and 20mm spacers up front. with a 215 tire on a 9.5 inch wide rim It has given me an effective offset of +8 all around.
are you trying to go for a "flush" look or something ? why do you want such a thick spacer?

·
Registered
1992 300CE
667 Posts
That sounds like alot. Lol. You'd probably be safe in the 5mm-15mm range. Remember you'd have to get extended lugs to run the spacers.

·
Registered
'00 c230k [w202]
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my car is lowered but i recently bought springs to raise it up to stock height.
i dont think i get the mileage i should be getting so im going to put bigger tires.
maybe 20MM is too much i'm not sure. i dont want the rear wheels to stick out but i dont want them all caved in either.
im trying to go for a sporty look since i like to snowboard.
lemme know whats good.

·
Registered
1992 300CE
667 Posts
i dont think i get the mileage i should be getting so im going to put bigger tires.
maybe 20MM is too much i'm not sure. i dont want the rear wheels to stick out but i dont want them all caved in either.
lemme know whats good.
I would stick with either a 5mm or 10mm. 5 makes a noticeable difference even though its 5. It's not hard to measure how far off your tires are to where you want them. Remember extended Lug Bolts! I got mine off rad usa bolts.

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
i dont think i get the mileage i should be getting so im going to put bigger tires.maybe 20MM is too much i'm not sure. i dont want the rear wheels to stick out but i dont want them all caved in either.
lemme know whats good.
Not to take this thread off the topic but you say you're going to install bigger tyres (and by implication bigger wheels) so as to obtain better mileage???:eek:

You must be kidding right?

Bigger tyres/wheels means MORE WEIGHT which means POORER mileage.

By all means, get bigger wheels/tyres which are cool; but don't think for a second that will it IMPROVE your mileage.

ps.

To get back on topic ensure that the spacers you purchase/install are HUBCENTRIC or you may be subject to vibration issues.

Also note that with thick spacers such as 20mm you will need longer wheel nuts/bolts.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Im running 25mm spacers at the rear and 20mm spacers up front. with a 215 tire on a 9.5 inch wide rim It has given me an effective offset of +8 all around.
are you trying to go for a "flush" look or something ? why do you want such a thick spacer?
For the VERY SAME reasons, I suspect, which YOU yourself have 25mm/20mm spacers.:p

·
Registered
1996 C280 elegance
48 Posts
For the VERY SAME reasons, I suspect, which YOU yourself have 25mm/20mm spacers.:p

i was asking the man why because most people DO NOT like the FLUSH look, Its not the easiest look to pull of on a W202 either. you have to not care about your fenders. :D i dont know why YOU chose to CAPS lock certain words and not OTHERS ! Happy NEW YEAR. everyONE.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
i was asking the man why because most people DO NOT like the FLUSH look, Its not the easiest look to pull of on a W202 either. you have to not care about your fenders. :D i dont know why YOU chose to CAPS lock certain words and not OTHERS ! Happy NEW YEAR. everyONE.
My dear SD202,

The emboldened words were for emphasis.

Let's be clear here on what I was try to convey:

• The OP required information on installing spacers of a certain size.
  • You yourself installed spacers of the same/similar size the OP wants to install
  • You then proceed to ask the OP why he wants to install spacers of that size
  • I found that a strange question since YOU YOURSELF installed on YOUR car spacers of the the same size the OP wants to install.
Understand now?:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts