Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lorinser DTM kit should be arriving May 25th, Eibach & Bilsten combo next weekend, but last thing is the wheels ... i have amg 17's which have major curb damage on the rears and cost too much to fix over here in toronto so i'll leave them for the winter and get some 18's for the summer ... has anyone ever checked out these rims? For the price it doesnt seem that bad for a rim & tire combo but it is chrome which i know people have mixed feelings about, hard to tell, what you think?

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/CarSearchModule.cfm

P.S. Threw some weird rims in there also just for show hehehe some funky stuff. And also all of them are under $2000 including shipping with tires so i dunno, sounds good. Different tastes for different people.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 CLK
383 Posts
i know alot of people will disagree with me , but i personally like the last one ...not too much into star wheels , if the last one had a lip it would be an even sweeter rim

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm actually leaning towards #6 but maybe one of the five stars ... that site seems to have some good prices but looks like i'm going to have to drive into the states, mount them then drive out :) They said they'll charge me an extra $400 to ship to toronto which is bullshit so we'll see. As far as the lorinser kit i'm trying the overseas (waiting 4 months now) $899 US replica kit ... i dont recommend going overseas to order it unless you want to install it sometime next year shiieeet. I have a buddy who owns a body shop so he'll take care of the install and modification.

·
Registered
2000 CLK
383 Posts
Arabian . where you getting the lorinzer kit from ???..$899 sounds like a deal to me ...does it come with the fog lights too ???

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
ThrillKill,
Stagerring is where your rear wheels are wider than your front. E.g. My rears are 19x9.5 and my fronts are 19x9.0 Gives the car a meaner look. [8D]

Cheers,
Frankie

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lz_clk - 5/14/2005 9:57 AM

I have #2, they're ok...
by any chance do you have pics with it on your car?

qslick74 - 5/14/2005 10:06 AM

Arabian . where you getting the lorinzer kit from ???..$899 sounds like a deal to me ...does it come with the fog lights too ???
I really dont recommend it but i got it from this guy who i found it actually bought it from felix & fergus from autoblz.com and europassion.com. I'd wait till it shows up and i install it being that its a replica i'm a bit doubtful but we'll see i guess ... Its been 4 months though since i ordered it and i just found it it was shipped 3 weeks ago because i finally demanded a tracking # so should be here in about 3 weeks. I'll post lost of pics though so if all goes well then maybe people will start trusting these dudes, but so far bad reviews from me. I ordered door sills from them 6 months ago and still havent got them, ordered from formy... and got it in 5 days. And yes the kit comes with fog lights.

I also agree with the staggered look but not sure if i want to go with 19's, i hear so many problems with ride quality but i'm getting the bilstens and eibachs installed next week some time so i'm still debating.

·
Registered
W208
216 Posts
ThrillKill - 5/14/2005 12:36 PM

you can't do that with spacers?
See with spacers your just pushing the wheels outwards. If you add spacers to the same size wheels/tires your not giving it the staggered look, your just evening out the front and rear, but with a staggered setup the wheels are already setup evenly as if would have spacers but with a "huge lip". Your front and rear wheels wouldn't be the same width as for an example: 18x8.5 235/35/18 and 18.9.5 265/30/18 that is a staggered setup..18x8 235/40/18 all around is not staggered spec.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts