Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2000 CLK
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M LOOKING TO REPLACE MY LESS THAN A YEAR OLD WHEELS AND I CAME ACROSS THIS WHEEL, ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT ??...WHAT DO YO THINK OF THE WAY IT LOOKS ???

·
Registered
1999 CLK 320
149 Posts
Reminiscent of my favorite wheels for the clk... Lowenhart LDRs... I like em

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
personally i think rims with more 'surface area' belong on sedans while thin spoke type less 'surface area' wheels should go on coupes/convertibles/roadsters.

please see previous post about us having the same rims and tribal tattoos.

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
They look a bit "chunky"....Monte Carlo-ish, sorta. I like the ones with the round cut-outs on that other post, they had just the right amount of surface IMHO.

·
Registered
2000 CLK
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's the reason i'm not going with more open ones. because i don't want all that ugly stuff to show ( roters, calipers. etc )

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
are those carlssons? they look nice

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Those are replica Carlssons with bigger lips. I like them alot. I was considering buying these but bensitto has the original Carlssons so I decided to go with something I havent seen before.

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
I like the ones Str8riding posted. For some reason I think the first ones posted will detract from the car. Looks more like something that should be on an SUV or something.

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430 - Black
7 Posts
I just purchased as set of Carlsson replicas in 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 w/ 245 front and 275 rear tires. I hope they fit......
I agree about the coupes looking better w/ open wheels. Paint the calipers red and buy some cross-drilled rotors. That's tight

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
black, were those the wheels you were telling me about that couldn't can't clear the big brake kit but the real carlssons can?

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430 - Black
7 Posts
I got mine for $1750 plus tax includes shipping from a company on ebay.

http://images.marketworks.com/hi/51/50502/19carlsondesignfront.jpg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts