Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1984 300D
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just wanted to let you guys know that I repair rims, And I use factory paints so it looks like new.
Here is my website

http://wheelcrafters.com/

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
adrose, the wheels look great.

I had a local company repair the road rash on one. The previous owner appears to have curbed the car. They came out to my work, pulled the wheel off and about an hour later it looked good as new. Cost a $100 tough to beat considering the job they did and no downtime.

peter811 I think it is against the rules of the forum to advertise your business unless you become a sponsor.

·
Registered
'99 SLK230, '98 ML320, '06 ML350
41 Posts
Hey 430,
Could you share the name of the company that did your wheels?

I've got some serious rash on mine thanks to the shop that changed my tires last time. They initially promised to replace the wheels totally, but backed out when they learned the price (surprise!), now they just want to pay for the repair, which I think is fair - even if it is low for going back on their word...

I live in GA as well, and it would be far easier to have it done locally than send the wheels off somewhere and wait possibly weeks to get them back. Heck, I'd drop the car off at their shop in Atlanta and take the wife shopping for a few hours if I could get it all done fast and easy...

Thanks,
Chester

·
Registered
06 corvette coupe
468 Posts
Chester - 3/26/2005 10:13 PM

Hey 430,
Could you share the name of the company that did your wheels?

I've got some serious rash on mine thanks to the shop that changed my tires last time. They initially promised to replace the wheels totally, but backed out when they learned the price (surprise!), now they just want to pay for the repair, which I think is fair - even if it is low for going back on their word...

I live in GA as well, and it would be far easier to have it done locally than send the wheels off somewhere and wait possibly weeks to get them back. Heck, I'd drop the car off at their shop in Atlanta and take the wife shopping for a few hours if I could get it all done fast and easy...

Thanks,
Chester
I'd also like the name of the company. I live in central GA. Send me a PM please

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
They probably exchanged wheels........

that is, popped your tire on "their" wheel which is fine. It's quicker for you and they can take their time and do the job right.
$100 is not bad at all............ [:)] [;)]

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
RE: They probably exchanged wheels........

Bruce I think the actually repaired the wheel. The guy came out with a trailer and was clearly using an air compressor. Plus when he put the wheel back on he commented that the clear coat was still wet so be sure not to touch the wheel.

Either way if it was an exchange or a repair doesn't matter to me. All I care about are the end results.

I sent PM's to you guys that were asking about the company. For anyone else that is interested I use Mobile Wheel Repair. They do have a web site www.mobilewheelrepair.com

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
Excellent, that's the first time I ever heard about something like that....

And good work to boot! Gotta love the guys that think up that kind of stuff. [:p] [:D]

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
I am currently having my front wheels re-furbished. Will post before and after pics when I get them back.
Cost is £80 per wheel, thats tyre off, repair work, tyre on, balance etc.
Currently my car is sitting on 17" CLK wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts