Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,638 Posts
Mercedes never offered 18's as original equipment on 140's. In fact, based on your posted image, those aren't MB wheels.

·
Registered
94 w124
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jayare,

The picture I post was taken from MB museum. The 18" wheels are the original equipment for w140 in the late year and also many of SEC model - I'm pretty sure.

My uncle buy the CL600 C140 and it came with those 18" alloys from the factory. The 18" alloys have the part number of mercedes, I've seen it.

·
Registered
97 SL500, 98 E320 Wagon, 2002 ML500 - former W108/W112/W114/W123/W124/W126/W140/W220
6,232 Posts
The only paint I have ever found to match over 25 years of Mercedes ownership is the Wurth silver wheel paint.

I just bought two cans to refinish the wheels on my oldest son's 1998 S420.

It's on eBay and other sources, and it's getting harder and harder to find.

MinWax Spray Spar Varnish is the best clear coat I have found for protecting the finish. I painted a set of bundts that ended up in Cleveland, OH, and the owner sent me photos of the three years later and they were in great shape despite even being driven in the winter.

Dan

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I couldn't find the paint like this in my location. So I think to buy the paint of the body's paint like Dupont, Glasurit, PPG, etc. from my near paint garage.
Your paint garage should be able to mix you a pot matched to your wheels. They do this all the time and shouldn't need a code. Many paint shops can pack it as an aerosol too, these days, if you don't have a spray gun at home.

·
Registered
94 w124
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your paint garage should be able to mix you a pot matched to your wheels. They do this all the time and shouldn't need a code. Many paint shops can pack it as an aerosol too, these days, if you don't have a spray gun at home.
It won't be a problem at all if I have the original paint in my hand, but unfortunately, the wheels of mine (18" original w140) were painted in other color from the previous owner and so I didn't like it.:|

There's a question that I also wonder.

I noticed the 18" wheel are different color from those of 16" 8-hole ? Seems it has a little bit "lighter" color and do not have any metallic on it. Is it true ?

Anybody who has ever experienced or own both of them please confirm.

·
Registered
e350 benz 2017
21 Posts
It won't be a problem at all if I have the original paint in my hand, but unfortunately, the wheels of mine (18" original w140) were painted in other color from the previous owner and so I didn't like it.:|

There's a question that I also wonder.

I noticed the 18" wheel are different color from those of 16" 8-hole ? Seems it has a little bit "lighter" color and do not have any metallic on it. Is it true ?

Anybody who has ever experienced or own both of them please confirm.
hey presscot has anyone gotten back to you on this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts