Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody here have experience with offsets lower than +40 on his/her S-class. I got a set of 19' Carlsson's with +40 offsets, and I feel they are almost touching the inside of the fenders...and there are many sellers on Ebay claiming +38 offsets will fit my S-class...is that true? By the way, my car is lowered, does that make a difference?

·
Registered
7 Posts
38 is not the best fit. I have a set of Carlsson 19x85 (et40) and 19x0(et45) and it is a glove fit, no rubbing no problems.

My other 20's are 20x9 (et38) and I had to run spacers on the rear to clear the brakes. Yes just on the rear, the front fit no problems. Then with running spacers I rub like a mofo.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
MBAMG - 3/18/2005 4:48 PM

Does anybody here have experience with offsets lower than +40 on his/her S-class. I got a set of 19' Carlsson's with +40 offsets, and I feel they are almost touching the inside of the fenders...and there are many sellers on Ebay claiming +38 offsets will fit my S-class...is that true? By the way, my car is lowered, does that make a difference?
Wonder if you realize that the smaller the number, the farther it stick out from your car. So if you claimed +40 is touching the inside, then get a smaller number (+38 could be one of them). MB claims using offset +44 though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts