Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1990 560 sel and am interesting in purchasing some rims for my car preferrably 17". I would also like to know the true offset for my car. I have heard some people tell me it is 25 mm and some say it is 35 mm. I would appreciate whatever advice I could get.

·
Registered
w126 420 sel
622 Posts
18 inch AMG monoblock II's with H&R springs, with thin spring pads in the front anf thinkck pads in the back with a 10mm spacer in the rear works well. check out my bottom signature to see what else my 420sel has. private message me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
To answer your question, offset of 25 is correct. Never use spacers if you can help it. An offset of 35 is not appropriate, but will work with spacers.

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL
6 Posts
this is an old thread but maybe someout there has some experience. I have a 1990 560 sel and the owners manual says the wheel off set is 21.5 mm (0.8 inches). I'm skeptical of using spacers and there are no aftermarket rims I can find that will fit this car. I'm considering customized wheel work on the OEM rims. These wheels are listed as alloy, is that aluminum? Can the paint be removed and the surface polished? or even given that brushed aluminum look? Anyone ever customize a 15 inch OEM rim? Or can anyone recommend an aftermarket that does not require spacers and still give the factory ride. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts