Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2006 B200T
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, recently my b's front left feels like it's a bit "out of round". Almost feels like the wheel may be oblong or a little square while driving down a smooth flat of land. Any suggestions as to what it may be? On flat smooth surfaces, it feels like driving over a piece of thin rope laid out (like a speed bump) every foot or so. Suspension? Wheel alignment? Tires? any advice on what to check for? How much would an alignment run me?

It's a 2006 B200T running on the OE 17's and OE Conti's.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
see signature
4,023 Posts
My best guess: Tread separation and immenent tire carcass failure. Beware!! Lift the front, in neutral and spin the rim, see where the tire is bulging.

Alternatively, it could be really bad cupping due to a suspension geometry problem.

· Benzworld Staff
Night Crew......2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
12,856 Posts
If following the above recommendations doesn't help and you still can't see any obvious defect, then take it to a reputable garage. They will check the tires and balancing.
Maybe a wheel is out of round or maybe you've lost some weights. It should not be that hard to fix.

· Registered
W123 '83 200, W210 '98 E200K, W212 '13 E350
1,856 Posts
Yes, be careful out there.

Swap with a spare or rotate to a different place just to pinpoint if the problem is with that wheel/tire. Could indeed be an internal tire problem.

Other than mentioned, make sure it isn't just a rock stuck in the tread.

· Registered
2006 B200T
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the quick replies. No rock or nail, doesn't seem to tire separation. Tire pressure at 31psi, as usual. Will rotate tire out on the weekend and see if bumpy sensation moves to another corner of the car. Will keep you posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.