Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 E320 4Matic
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Here is the skinny. I have an 01 E320 4 matic, I have upgraded my rims to the clk 5 spoke rim. I am in the prep stage of painting my calipers, and figured while I have the rims off the car, put on some new lugs; mine are starting to corrode(SP?). I know the correct lug size for my car, but the head does stick out a little should I use a diffrent size for this wheel and my e320? Any help and thank you. Here is a photo of the rim, If it doesn't post can some tell me how to post a photo. Oh and is there any place other than ebay to get these cheap!

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 W220 S430 and 2010 W204 C300 Sport
227 Posts
The stock E320 lug bolts are slightly different than the CLK lug bolts. As you have found, the shank or length from the top of the hex bolt down to the top of the ball seat is different. Also, the thickness of the CLK wheels may or may not be the same as the E320 ones. If the CLK wheels are thinner where the from the ball seat down, then you may have parking brake clearance problems in the rear. Your best bet is to try to get a set of the lug bolts that fit the CLK wheel.

How much for the CLK wheels on Ebay?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts