Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a wheel with these specs:
18x8.5
offset 35
Bolt pattern 5x112
C.B. is 66.6

Fit on my 2000 E430 4 Matic without ANY issues?

I would assume my 16" factory 5 spokes have a 41 offset and are 7.5 wide, no?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
No

problem on the 4 matic.You won't be lowering it and you are not staggering it.So 235/40/18's all around.You neglected to mention what the rims were off of.Some of the newer models have different lug seat and dimensions,requiring special lugs.About 50 bucks a set.
:bowdown:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
problem on the 4 matic.You won't be lowering it and you are not staggering it.So 235/40/18's all around.You neglected to mention what the rims were off of.Some of the newer models have different lug seat and dimensions,requiring special lugs.About 50 bucks a set.
Don't know what they were off of. Special lugs if needed is no big deal.

Will that size wheel/tire combination look like a ghetto car? (As in, tiny amount of sidewall and tons of fenderwell gap)

Will the wheels stick out at all?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
They won't

look getto,they will be the same rolling diameter and the gap will remain the same.You can close up the gap some on the 4 matic by going to the smallest spring pads.Or by removing the coils and having them cold saw cut 1/2 to 1 coil.
Search the forum for the pics of the 4 matic lowered by spring chop.Do not use a torch:eek:
The tires will not stick out ,and a 235 with a 40 profile will have enough sidewall to still perform properly,while still looking fine.

you can use the tire and rim virtual viewer on Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels to give you an idea of how it will look.

17's would give you better ride and performance quality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts