Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy :)

I'm thinking about getting a custom made set of Simmons wheels for my SEL.

It's just a thought, as I'd be more keen on a set of AMG 3-piece wheels, which as you probably know I'm in the process of aquiring, or at least trying to.. however if that does fail, these Simmons wheels will be the go.

So anyway, my question is - if I were to run 17 x 10.5 on the rear, as apposed to 17 x 10 that's on the AMG 3-piece rears, what kind of offset would I be needing?

Cheers! :cool:

* EDIT: I should probably add that I want this extra .5" toward the outer side of the wheel - More dish!

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No they are a custom made wheel, makes it hard.

In terms of pure aesthetics, I'm confident they would look the part. I've seen these wheels on many different cars and there was not one which they didn't look good on.
Can't really say the same about too many other wheels out there.

And the quality of these wheels is 2nd to none!

Cheers :cool:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Ive seen an SEC with a set of these and they actualy look very good and suit the car well surpisingly . You Aussies will put these on anything lol ,Ive seen ferraries and porches with the same wheels in Aus.
Definate bonus with simmins is if you ever want to change offset ie go widebody you can just order new outer rims easy peasy :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh yes.. Simmons is indeed a 3-piece wheel!

Which means I can keep the offset the same as the AMGs and just increase the width of the outer lip!

This should work, yeah?

Thanks for that Joe!

Cheers :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts