Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argggg! I backed out of a parking space next to a sidewalk and caught the edge of my tire/wheel on the curb. Some knucklehead in a huge SUV had me pinned in and I was looking at the truck and not the curb.<p>To my horror, I heard the sound of metal scraping. I looked at my tire adn found that about a 1/4 of the wheel lip had been scarred up. Also with a penny sized gouge taken out of the the tire.<p>Does a gouge in the rubber mean the tire is unusable? Drives okay. Can it be fixed?<p>Does anyone know if tire shops can repair scratchs in the rim? I sure as heck don't want to buy a new rim.<p>Damn, Damn, damn!!!!!!<p>By the way, 2150 miles on it now.<p>(2001 Silver, Char/Silver, ventilated seats )

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just had my wheels fixed today...

Cost was $65 for one scraped wheel.<br>I will post when I get them back on Monday.<p>The shop is in Bloomfield, NJ and they only do Mercedes vehicles.<p>Frank

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wheels & tires

The rims are no big deal to fix. I would worry about the tire. There are huge g forces on a tire at speed and you don't want any weak points in the sidewall. I would buy a new tire and not take any chances on having it fail at speed (ask any Explorer owner).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking forward to the results and name/address of place (eom)

: Cost was $65 for one scraped wheel.<br>I will post when I get them back on Monday.<p>The shop is in Bloomfield, NJ and they only do Mercedes vehicles.<p>Frank<p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts