Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '84 190D. I am due up for a tire change in a few months. My old wheels weren't taken car of (bought it used off a friend) and they have lost their finish and shine. They look peeled and dull. I'd like to put some sportier wheels on it and some really nice tires as well. What will fit with 0 modifications to the car? I want a ride that is smooth, quiet, and keeps traction in snow and rain. I'm not shooting for perfomance obviously.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good Luck Nate-Unless you have a $30K merc or are willing to spend over $500 on anything, nobody will pay you any attention on this forum (a bunch of AMG snots...). go back to 201 forum, and we'll discuss it. I tried TireRack upgrade garage, and came up with only one or two 15' wheels that look as good or slightly better than the original wheels. I STRONGLY suggest you look at what the car looks like with any new wheels before you buy them (see Tirerack). Also, for our grey-silver 190s I'd suggest brush aluminum or painted grey. Chrome wheels on 190 look cheesy and cheap-no matter how much you spend. also, to me the more wheels look like the OEM, the better that merc looks. <br> Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts