Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Coupe Silver/Gray
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a new set of wheel caps to replace the faded and pitted ones that I had. Can someone tell me how I can pop out the old ones and put in the new ones? I know Im retarded but I never really done this before, and dont want to do any damage...

·
Registered
SL600 ML55 AMG
447 Posts
Only one way that I know of: Take the wheels off, pop the caps off from behind then pop the new ones in. Then remount wheels. I have new caps for my SL320 and have been putting off doing this but that's the way it's done.

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Coupe Silver/Gray
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, I wasn't planning on taking the wheels off...its gonna be a whole project now... I guess Ill wait until I get the brakes done or something...

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG, 2006 E500
1,036 Posts
As long as you're replacing them, I'd punch a hole through it with something and pull it. That's what I did.

·
Registered
CLK 200
49 Posts
Just pearce the centre caps with a small screwdriver and pull them out. Your gonna throw them away anyway.

·
Registered
1999 CLK320
83 Posts
i took a screw driver and slightly tapped the end of the screw driver and put a hole in it and then just popped them out that way and dont worry about damageing them your just gonna throw them away neway

1 - 6 of 6 Posts