Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I saw the advertisement at the dealer for this insurance and the dealer told me that this insurance would cover damage to the wheel from hitting a curb when parking. That doesn't seem right since that would clearly be the fault of the driver and the wheel replacement would be very expensive... Does anyone have experience with getting them to repair curb damage to the wheel?

Thanks,

J

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
Those coverages are money makers for dealers, unless you drive over curbs a lot. I also wonder how often they will repair your wheels, or get an alignment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.

Usually I assume extended or additional warranties are a money loser for the consumer. In this case, both my current and previous ML63s had significant wheel damage to multiple wheels from nailing the curb when parking. It only takes one hit to do it.

In my case I parallel park at work 5 days a week 2.5 years per car. One or two times hitting the curb while parking and thats enough to need new wheels. It sucks. I am talking about scratching and gouging the wheel, but not affecting or doing damage to the tires.

That being said, I am still wanting to know if anyone has experience getting the insurance to cover that kind of damage. If so it would be a no brainer, hit the curb once, demand a new wheel. Even if that happened one time, the insurance cost is less than the cost of the wheel.

If anyone has experience, please let me know asap.

Thanks.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,717 Posts
Tire road hazard insurance is pretty common, but it is prorated.
Never have heard about rim insurance, but heck, the insurance co never hesitate to take your money.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
I doubt they give you a new wheel, they probably send it out to have it refinished or on an exchange basis, there are various companies that offer repair service!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts