Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing a wheel and tire package from Tire Rack. I like the look of a staggered fitment. The wheel sizes are 18 x 8 (Front) and 18 x 9 (Rear). Tire Rack recommends 225/40-18 with optional rear size of 255/35-18. Unless there is a compelling reason not to do so, I would like to use the optional tire size (255/35-18) in the rear. Also, I should note that I don’t care to have tires extending beyond the rear fender. I've done some research on tires, and it appears that Goodyear Eagle F1 DS-D3 tires will offer the best compromise of performance, comfort, and wear for my needs. So, will the fitment of these wheel and tire sizes work on my SLK 320 without any changes to the fenders or suspension?

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
the 225/255 combo is perfect on your car because both sizes retain the 25" overall diamete...

the 225/255 combo is perfect on your car because both sizes retain the 25" overall diameter which the on-board computer is calibrated to .... but, you will need to select a wheel that is available in both 8" and 9" widths

1 - 2 of 2 Posts