Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1) wonder if our door handles are hollow, so we can insert/install a accent "LED" to each door handle. It'll come on when you unarm your car alarm...so you can see the door handles in a pitch dark garage. ;)

2) Flood lighting installed on the outside side view mirrors, (again comes on when you unarm your alarm) lighting the path for you to walkup to your car in a pitch dark garage.

3) back lighted gauges.

4) heckrollo, anyone....

NOT saying I am doing any of this, just throwing some ideas out there for anyone that are bored & looking for something to do.

Attachments

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
9,228 Posts
led dash lighting
puddle lights
lower foglights
more interior lights
engine
smoked lights.
list goes on.

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.3 Limited #566/700
1,740 Posts
1) wonder if our door handles are hollow, so we can insert/install a accent "LED" to each door handle. It'll come on when you unarm your car alarm...so you can see the door handles in a pitch dark garage. ;)

2) Flood lighting installed on the outside side view mirrors, (again comes on when you unarm your alarm) lighting the path for you to walkup to your car in a pitch dark garage.

3) back lighted gauges.

4) heckrollo, anyone....

NOT saying I am doing any of this, just throwing some ideas out there for anyone that are bored & looking for something to do.
I seriously want to see someone with the backlighted gauges. I'd pay quite a few bucks for someone to do it on my car.

·
Premium Member
1986 190E 2.3-16, 1992 190E 2.3, 2015 GL350 BTC, and 2020 GLS450
2,395 Posts
I seriously want to see someone with the backlighted gauges. I'd pay quite a few bucks for someone to do it on my car.
Me too. Top dollar for warm toned back lit gauges for the 8v.

Then a complete body strip and restoration a la 16v.

Motor and transmission tear down and refurbishing for the 8v.

Lastly, sheepskins on all seats in the 8v.

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
9,228 Posts
my buddys saaab has one on his saab 9-3 and it broke after a few uses, so flimsy.

·
Registered
'87 190E 2.6
186 Posts
Porsche Gray 8/12 way powered (and heated) ft seats.
Much Better Audio..
LOVE the rear sunshade +1 for power..
Euro Headlights + Clear Corners
MY91+ Side cladding
E400 Brake upgrade (Ft & Rear)
Remote Start / Alarm
Upgraded Swaybar's
Backlit Dash
Air Bagged Suspension (Love the lower stance, but it has to be realistic)
S600 Grill

·
Registered
'87--190E 2.3-16v(being rebuilt), '99--C230 Kompressor
3,488 Posts
find oil leak and fix it
repair busted vacuum line
install a/c
find a lip for lower fog light install
acquire plaid/checkered euro interior

led's in the handle is quite easily accomplished, get some 12 volt ultra thin led's that are on the thin plastic strip, and wire then into your alarm system

·
Registered
1991 190E 2.6 196K , 2003 Audi Allroad 153K
78 Posts
1)Blower Motor
2)Throttle Micro Switch
3)Fix the hood (bent edges)
4)Transmission Flush
5)Lower Control Arm Bushings

Got thru enough to have a great daily driver. Now it is on the little stuff that needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
find oil leak and fix it
repair busted vacuum line
install a/c
find a lip for lower fog light install
acquire plaid/checkered euro interior

led's in the handle is quite easily accomplished, get some 12 volt ultra thin led's that are on the thin plastic strip, and wire then into your alarm system
I wouldn't do it that way. I just took a quick look, it is possible to drill a hole into the handle at the proper angle & flush fit "ONE" high power led (have to play around with what intensity to use) & have only the dimple area on the door behind the handle lit. Just have to get myself one/two door handles to experiment with...any donations to the cause. :D

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already have the retractable rear sunshade on hand. Can't see how to mount this under the rear shelf, speakers are in the way. Meaning they'll be sitting on top of the speaker grille towards the back. Hmmm, just debating if thats acceptable or not.

I have option of getting a remote controllable rear sunshade, but the base will be bulkier.

·
Registered
'87 190E 2.6
186 Posts
I already have the retractable rear sunshade on hand. Can't see how to mount this under the rear shelf, speakers are in the way. Meaning they'll be sitting on top of the speaker grille towards the back. Hmmm, just debating if thats acceptable or not.

I have option of getting a remote controllable rear sunshade, but the base will be bulkier.
I think that it would be easier to replace the third brake light with a slim LED, then mount the shade as the euro car it came off of.

Something like this:
Bully LED 3rd Brake Light For 1999-2006 Chevy/GMC Silverado/Sierra 1500/2500 LD; 2001-'06 Silverado/Sierra 1500 HD, 2500 HD, 3500; 2007 Silverado/Sierra 1500 (Classic Edition), 1500 HD, 2500 HD, 3500 (Classic Edition), Model# TB-1

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.3 Limited #566/700
1,740 Posts
How about this....
Now someone just needs to start selling their services in making those. I'd buy one :D

On a side note, i was looking into buying one of those sunshades but i got the rear brake light so i think i'll opt out and end up tinting my windows or something. Any recommendations on tint %?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 51 Posts