Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2009 C63 AMG Sedan
47 Posts
Best? Hmm. Not for the faint of heart, but quite acceptable for me, and especially for the frickin monster M156 under the hood.

Should not even be getting what I've noticed with no fancy stop/start, cylinder deactivation. Not to mention, is it even direct injection? (Okay, okay! I should know that.)

But first off, those gas guzzler tax grubbin EPA mileage testers are exactly that, as 13/19 city-highway - in my experience - is clearly driving in Sport mode....................quite HARD. Anyway, here's what I get driving like a civilized human:

Comfort mode: 18/21 city-hwy.
Sport: 16-17/19-20
Manual: Pretty damn bad; nobody cares; crazy fun.

My only complaint? 17.4 gallon tank. Gimme 20.

·
Premium Member
2005 SL 55 "k" 26K 1967 250 SL ?K 1984 500 SEC 242K http://www.flickr.com/photos/mercebman/
998 Posts
Best? Hmm. Not for the faint of heart, but quite acceptable for me, and especially for the frickin monster M156 under the hood.

Should not even be getting what I've noticed with no fancy stop/start, cylinder deactivation. Not to mention, is it even direct injection? (Okay, okay! I should know that.)

But first off, those gas guzzler tax grubbin EPA mileage testers are exactly that, as 13/19 city-highway - in my experience - is clearly driving in Sport mode....................quite HARD. Anyway, here's what I get driving like a civilized human:

Comfort mode: 18/21 city-hwy.
Sport: 16-17/19-20
Manual: Pretty damn bad; nobody cares; crazy fun.

My only complaint? 17.4 gallon tank. Gimme 20.
14 combined driving. 3-5 at the track. 21 gal capacity. Has fattened ECU to match the 20% OD on the pulley.

·
Registered
1984 280SE Euro, 1988 300SE, 2000 SL500, 2002 CLK55 AMG
574 Posts
I was actually thinking about making a thread like this today:

Yesterday I drove my CLK55 AMG 82 miles roundtrip, and wanted to test out my fuel economy as I usually just do city driving and average around 13 MPG. Before the journey I made sure all tires had the correct pressure, the car was clean, all the liquids were filled up at the right level, and the gas tank was full. This was the result:

I am quite pleased with the results. I had the car set on cruise control at 80 MPH most of the way towards my destination (engine was working around 2500 RPM), and on the way back, I was also going around 75 MPH on cruise control until I hit heavy traffic for the last 20 miles which definitely brought my average speed and fuel economy down. I may have possibly even gotten up to 23 MPG if I hadn't been forced into that traffic in the end and had to stay in what was basically a parking lot for nearly half an hour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts