Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'92 300d 2.5 T
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of isolating myself further.......
Is there a secret to getting responses?
Maybe I'm asking dumb questions. If I am tell me.
If I'm doing this forum thing wrong, tell me.
Is there a way to get attention? I see posts asking "what's wrong with my ABS?" They get 48 responses with pictures and text with arrows and stuff.
I get nothing! It can't be 'cause I'm a fat, ugly guy. You can't see me. What am I doing wrong?
Guess this could be the end of my membership, Ayyye?
Thanks,
KJKel[:(]

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
well you aren't getting responses because nobody knows the answer to your questions. i don't look at names when i click onto a thread. before i look onto a thread i see something that is interesting or that i know the cure of. see many people have ideas of what the problem was with abs so thats why they responded. people aren't going to respond to your thread just to say i don't know. that would just be useless. ask again, maybe someone that does know did not catch to see your question... and ... WWAAAAASSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUPPP [:D]

·
Registered
'92 300d 2.5 T
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take your advice and re-post. I don't know that much about forums. Didn't think I should keep throwing things up there. Then again.... what was that sarcastic thing I put up there the other night? It must have been that 3rd glass of vino.

·
Registered
95 E320 Cabriolet, 140K
1,332 Posts
Quite often when I post (including other forums) I don't get an answer that helps solve my problem. Sometimes I get no response at all. I just suck it up, realize nobody has the answer, and it's up to me to find the answer the hard way.

·
Registered
'92 300d 2.5 T
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's that? Have a boutique shop or dealer rip you off?
I've been underneath the car and searched the internet. No luck yet. But I'll suck it up and continue the search.
Thanks.
KK

·
Registered
1988 300E, 2006 E350 wagon
278 Posts
i'd like to add that's it's really nice when people not only post questions and then responses to something about their car, but also the sort of tips and tricks to doing this stuff. repair manuals don't tell us everything; they're definitely lacking for some detail here and there. i like it when someone occasionally initiates a post (instead of with a question) with a "here's somehting that i find really useful/helpful" sort of subject. these also get people talking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts