Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks..I have been lurking here for a while and gathering info on my w211. So I thought I would finally post so picks now that I have my car the way I want it.

W211, 2003 E500 Sport, Pewter with silver interior, Black birdseye accents.
Command/nav, 6 disc, air-susp........ MY MODS>>>>>
..Front lip spoiler
..Color match front grill
..Rear deck lip spoiler
..Rear roof spoiler
.."washer method" lowered suspention
.. asa 19" 2 piece amg style wheels, pewter color matched centers
..de-badge rear decklid
..Magnaflow exhaust with dual 3" tips
..amg stainless pedals
..delete " star " on hood

Tell me what you think...

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Beautiful! You put alot of good thought together on your Benz and it shows. My ONLY suggestion; put the Star back on the front hood. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good call. I will never take my star off, its my navigation device! ;) I hate all the new CL style grills, why would someone put that on their E class

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Thanks for posting the results of your "Lurking"... Your car is Awesome... everything "looks right", just like Mercedes stylist would have done... Not too much Bling... The wheels are a Perfect fit... BUT....

... I THIRD the suggestion that the STAR goes back on the hood as it not only is your Guiding STAR in Crowed freeways and troubled times, but serves to CLEAR the path as you drive into the "Abyss"! ...

A wood steering wheel would make it "feel" just right too! (30 minute DIY job)

Enjoy the car.... a very Merry Christmas to all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes I am onto the interior. I have been looking for the wood steering wheel and wood shifter handle. I also have a set of chrome covers for the inner seat controls on order. thanks for the responce. DAVID:thumbsup:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Very nice. Car looks sporty and sleek, I'd say my only gripe is those exhaust tips look really forced, I'd go for an OEM fit with the cutouts in the bumper and the snug fit with the tips. I'm also an avid fan of the upright Star on the hood.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not quite sold on the flat hood badge. I may install the origonal. As for the exhaust I was not at the shop in time to catech the installer to have him move it higher up under tha car. But I am satisfied with it none the less. Thanks for the responce, DAVID

·
Registered
84 Posts
Very nice car. I agree with bringing back the star. Where did you get the front lip spoiler? Ever think of a rear lip with cutout for the pipes? Again very nice job with the mods.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Good call. I will never take my star off, its my navigation device! ;) I hate all the new CL style grills, why would someone put that on their E class
In Germany we say that the star's only intention to be there is to aim at pedestrians :)

How much was the washer lowering?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice car. Like the wheels. Where did you get the pedal covers? Does the dead pedal have metal trim as well?
They were a birthday gift from the wifey..she glot them off an e-bay vendor. and yes the dead pedal is matching metal trim.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In Germany we say that the star's only intention to be there is to aim at pedestrians :)

How much was the washer lowering?
The washer lowering was free I had all of the stuff I needed.
1. metal cutting bit for the dremel
2. set of 10-12 8MM x 1MM thick washers. Measured 1 -2 packs so they were all that same tickness.

..Do a search there are many threads about "washer lowering" only works on
air-matic cars. thansk for the responce, DAVID

1 - 14 of 14 Posts