Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1984 300 SD
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it looks like it's job is to send oil from/to the pan. The gasket just above the pan is brittle and leaking around 1/2 qt a month. Do I replace the whole tube? Or gasket? All The Best,
Peter

PS I found my answer from Msource

Attachments

·
Registered
1984 300 SD
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fraud is a very serious charge. His prices are 40 to 65% higher than everyone else's. Otherwise seems to know his stuff.

·
Registered
125 Posts
No charges, just facts about his character.

In addition to his higher prices, his "refreshed/refurbished/rebuilt" parts are just junkyard parts he has cleaned. He doesn't actually repair or "rebuild" anything.
His hacky injector "pop tester" is a great example. There is a proper injector tester on Amazon for $80 less than his $20 2ton amazon bottle jack with pipe fittings. It looks like something a high school shop student would make.

He actually doesn't know much. In fact, he actively works against increasing his knowledge or making his "guides" accurate or even somewhat credible by blocking any attempts to correct misinformation and often bad advice he provides, especially in his youtube videos. He disables youtube comments, he doesn't reply to e-mails and his "forum" was open only a few weeks because it got flooded with complaints of his work and corrections to his advice. There are still references to his "forum" across his website.

Kent is a very closed-minded individual with a bad attitude unless you agree with everything he says and treat him as a god.

·
Registered
1984 300 SD
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your reply makes a lot of fact based sense. Thank You.
He has that 'folksy' thing that is synonymous with trust in general.
His closed comments on youtube is suspect. It could indicate that he wants to control the propaganda/narrative by not allowing back and forth. I was suspect of him, but leaned toward him being an honest broker and resource to us W123ers. I no longer do. Thanks for opining.
All The Best,
Peter

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes, he does have a very welcoming attitude at the start. But if you suggest that something he says isn't right or something could be better, most of the time he just cuts off communication with people. His guides leave out just enough information that they depend on his input, so without his "assistance" they are pretty much the same accuracy and aid as doing a thread search of this forum.

Its a shame really, he has potential but he has squandered it over the years to make profit his absolute priority instead of people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts