Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
So driver can see you better during bad weather, i.e. foggy night or heavy rain why..

only one, because if you have two bright light, driver behind you may think you are stepping your brake.[:)][:)]

·
Registered
2000 E320S4M
1,945 Posts
Re: So driver can see you better during bad weather, i.e. foggy night or heavy rain why..

only one, because if you have two bright light, driver behind you may think you are stepping your brake.[:)][:)]

Certain vehicles, ie. Volvo, Jaguar, some Audis have 2 rear fog lights.

Mostly this is because of the switch from left hand drive to right hand drive in certain countries. By having 2 rear foglights, this will ensure that the foglight is always on the correct side of the lane with traffic.

Most people in NA that I have spoken to about my rear fog, think one of my brake lights are burnt out. I have hooked up both on my GTI. The more lights at the rear in the fog the less likely the car behind me will end up in my backseat[:D]

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
I agree some vehicles have two fog lights, but how many people knew that..

two bright red on your car are fog light and not a brake lights
[:)]

·
Registered
2000 E320S4M
1,945 Posts
Re: I agree some vehicles have two fog lights, but how many people knew that..

two bright red on your car are fog light and not a brake lights
[:)]
that is why cars have 3rd brake lights;)

and I don't care what they think, as long as they stop riding my ass in the fog;)

·
Registered
CLK430
3 Posts
Rear fog light

The rear foglight is used mainly in Europe where fog is a large issue. Like the other member pointed out, its only one light to not look like you are braking but allowing you to "stand" out in the back and keep the other drivers alert.

Mark

·
Registered
387 Posts
The other reason it's only on the left is because in Germany, you are not supposed to dr...

The other reason it's only on the left is because in Germany, you are not supposed to drive in the left lane - you only use it to pass. You are only allowed to pass on the left on the autobahn so that's where it makes the most sense to put the light.

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
Dual fog lights

Here's my confusion. Why does Audi's A6 have dual rear foglights on their car using your reasoning? I've only seen that on an Audi and I can't tell you how man many times people tell me that I have a blown brake light. I even stopped using it for a while.

Mark

·
Registered
387 Posts
Volvos are also the same way (dual rear fog lights) Perhaps they heard enough people com...

Volvos are also the same way (dual rear fog lights) Perhaps they heard enough people complaining that it looked lame and changed it to dual. I've wired mine to light up on both sides cause I didn't like the way it looked, either. They're very bright though so I mainly just use them in combination with my brake lights when someone's tailgating me. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts