Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Slk 230K
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Uhhh

Searching in internet I find this is a MAP Sensor...so, now, I have another question:

Where do I have to connect this wire? This wire ¨starts¨ in the MAP sensor and where does it finnish?
If someone has this, can give me the part number...

Tks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230 Kompressor
18 Posts
If you look to the right of the red arrow you can see that you already have the MAP Sensor, its just covered in dirt

·
Registered
Slk 230K
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry!

Sorry but my car NEVER drive with this dirt...ijijijijij.
It's not my car photo, it's a exemplo in internet, my car has the connector but doesn't have the sensor, so I ask what sensor is this?

Tks alexlmsdrums!

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Your car is a Kompressor so it does not need the map sensor, it uses a charge air sensor instead. They use the same wiring loom for both models as this works out cheaper than making two different looms.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Tks eric242340!

Perfect!

Now I'm more calm.

Tks!
It was obvious to me that the pic was not of your own car as you live in Spain, a very pretty tourist destination.:thumbsup:

·
1998 SLK 230
2,648 Posts
cars pre face lift (< yr 2000) use the Bosch ECU - they DO NOT have a MAP sensor.

face lift cars post yr 2000 use the Siemens ECU. they do have a MAP sensor.

see post here http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1528367-technical-differences-between-pre-facelift-facelift.html#post4211819

for tech difference b/w the pre and post face lift. the MAP would have 2 inputs, the electrical plug to it and the rubber hose which taps into a port under the intake mainfold to get a reading

which part are you not sure of? if it was unplugged or not working your car would have issues with smooth peformance?

·
1998 SLK 230
2,648 Posts
see diagram of all sensors on the SLK (post face lift).

2 pressure sensors

1 for manifold (sensor B28)
1 for ambient pressure (sensor B18).

from your pics this is sensor B18. this sensor isnt critical it only helps with adjusting a/f ratio when starting car (i.e. making it a bit richer or leaner). after the car has warmed up it serves no purpose.

the other sensor DOES matter... it influences peformance and activation of the cam shaft adjuster.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts