Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to promote unsafe driving but I've driven my 430 up to about 140 mph and seems to want some more but can't and stays solid as if it wasn't going that fast. I think the computer is limiting this. I was wondering if the E55 has this limitation as well.<p>Thanks<p>John

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All cars that come from the factory have a speed limiter. This can easily be<br>remidied by chipping the car or have the OBC repogrammed.<p>Mike<br>: Not to promote unsafe driving but I've driven my 430 up to about 140 mph and seems to want some more but can't and stays solid as if it wasn't going that fast. I think the computer is limiting this. I was wondering if the E55 has this limitation as well.<p>Thanks<p>John<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far, only about 110 miles. Not finished breaking the engine in yet.<p>Ronald M.<p>: Not to promote unsafe driving but I've driven my 430 up to about 140 mph and seems to want some more but can't and stays solid as if it wasn't going that fast. I think the computer is limiting this. I was wondering if the E55 has this limitation as well.<p>Thanks<p>John<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YOU CAN REMOVE THE LIMITER AT YOUR MERCEDES DEALER, AND IT DOESN'T EFFECT THE WARRANTY OF YOUR CAR. BECAUSE YOU GET THE OPTION WHEN YOU BUY THE CAR FROM GERMANY TO HAVE IT WITH A SPEED LIMITER OR WITH OUT THE SPEED LIMITER ( YOU GET THAT OPTION FOR FREE ). ANY WAY I WENT UP TO 270 KM/P ( 168 MPH ).<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: I went 182 in my ///M5!!

Why do all BMW people have inferiority complexes?<p>I know why.<p>Small penii.<p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts