Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 W203 C180K Elegance Sport Sedan & 2005 W209 CLK280 Elegance Coupe
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new C180k sedan and was wondering what people think the biggest rims that can be fitted onto the car?
in Australia there are many Mercs with 19" rims and I want to stand out?
would 20" fit?
i dont mind if the guards scrub but prefer not too much, and definately has to be drivable.
I will be lowering the car quite aggresively as well with H+R coilovers.. has anyone used these coil overs before do they go very low or what?

·
Registered
2001 C240
3 Posts
rims

i think the biggest rims you can get on a c class would be 19s. i think you can fit 20s if you fold your fenders...i have 19s on my car but then they had to fold the fenders in the back...[:I]

Attachments

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Is that with or without tires?

The largest I've seen is 19" and even then you can't really lower the car much without rolling the fenders. I'ld get 18" max if you want to lower your car and actually have passengers in the back seat. If you get 20" you can paint the edge of the rims black and save money by not getting tires although it may ride a little rough :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
To me any thing over 17's is overkill. Why pay extra money if you are not going to get ...

To me any thing over 17's is overkill. Why pay extra money if you are not going to get better performance. The 20's will way to much and slow down you 0-60 times while improving you top speed. And the handeling benifits of 20's will not be that great over the 17's. Do you really need to pay to stick out?

·
Registered
2001 KLEEMANN C24K
33 Posts
20" does fit. You might need to roll the fenders but Ive seen a few W203 with the 20"....

20" does fit. You might need to roll the fenders but Ive seen a few W203 with the 20".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts