Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mines black on black. Im pretty sure legal limit is 70% in the front. But im thinking either 20% or limo. Anyone with pictures?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Mines black on black. Im pretty sure legal limit is 70% in the front. But im thinking either 20% or limo. Anyone with pictures?
I would say use 20% or less. There are already pics posted in the sticky.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. i think im just gona go with limo tint... the first sticky you mean? i only saw 1 pic with 20% but the picture was tiny.. couldnt really tell what i looks like

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for the reply. i think im just gona go with limo tint... the first sticky you mean? i only saw 1 pic with 20% but the picture was tiny.. couldnt really tell what i looks like

Just wanted to put my two cents in...my wife has a c300 white with ash interior and panoramic roof. I decided to put 20% thinking the roof would lighten it up a bit. Not the case; it was an over cast day and she got pulled over while leaving the gym. The tint reader read 17% on front and 18% on back. Needless to say the ticket is $30 but the processing fee is $65. $95 total...we thought about raising the tints but decided to keep them (it looks really good with the black roof). I would say if she ever reaches three time being pulled over we might! We live in the common-wealth of VA; meanin A-hole cops!

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
I decided to put 20% thinking the roof would lighten it up a bit. Not the case; it was an over cast day and she got pulled over while leaving the gym. The tint reader read 17% on front and 18% on back. I would say if she ever reaches three time being pulled over we might! We live in the common-wealth of VA; meanin A-hole cops!
Cops there carry a tint meter?

·
Registered
2008 C350
3 Posts
Just wanted to put my two cents in...my wife has a c300 white with ash interior and panoramic roof. I decided to put 20% thinking the roof would lighten it up a bit. Not the case; it was an over cast day and she got pulled over while leaving the gym. The tint reader read 17% on front and 18% on back. Needless to say the ticket is $30 but the processing fee is $65. $95 total...we thought about raising the tints but decided to keep them (it looks really good with the black roof). I would say if she ever reaches three time being pulled over we might! We live in the common-wealth of VA; meanin A-hole cops!
i second that.. i'm a victim of the common weath of VA too... im in hampton roads area.. don't even try driving to VA Beach on the weekends.. you're guranteed a ticket for tints if its illegal..

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 sport
6 Posts
I live in the GTA where can I get a good tint and how much would it cost?
I'd highly recommend Jeff @ Audia Heaven in Richmond Hill. I've had my other cars done there & my maxima club friends all go there too. They're very careful, will actually remove your door panels before installing the tint & they use good quality tint.

·
Registered
1 Posts
C300 3M 35/20 Before and After Pics

If anyone is looking to get a great tint for a reasonable price I'd recommend Tiffany's Tint for anyone in the Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington Ontario area. Great folks, great job. Here are some before/after pics. Love the new tint.

Attachments

·
Registered
09 C300 6spd Manual
45 Posts
My car is also black on black, I did 18% on all the back windows and 35% on the front doors, but I kept getting pulled over so I took it off the front and will prob get 50%. I left the windshield alone. The black interior makes it look a lot darker from the outside for sure.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
I don't care for 2-tone tint. A sport sedan looks best with rear and side windows at same tint darkness (%).

·
Registered
2012 C250 Sedan Sport
44 Posts
I agree. Two shades of tint looks bad. The Mercedes dealership put limo all the way around on my car for $120.00. In Oklahoma they aren't real strict on the tint darkness. I had limo on my last Mercedes and drove it for 7 years without being pulled over for it.

·
Registered
09 C300 6spd Manual
45 Posts
I agree the same shade looks better, but having the black interior it's hard to tell there different, it blends very well.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts