Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm walking back from lunch today and pass a Suzuki "Grand Vitara" parked along the street.

I'm not sure what a "vitara" is or how you would know if one is "grand" or not. However, this rather unsightly plain-jane econ-SUV barely registered and I'm trying to figure out what is so "Grand" about the "Vitara"?

FWIW, googling vitara reveals this rather interesting product: Vitara for Her

(FTL is probably suing them for ripping him off! ;))

I don't know if that was the image for which Suzuki was striving, if so, they missed the mark.

Other than that, anyone have any ideas as to what makes the Suzuki Vitara "grand"?

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
Most likely its the minimal cost of repairs you will have to pay when it breaks down....LOL...that was to easy..

·
Registered
2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
3,488 Posts
Did you ever drive a Samurai? One of these Vitara things would seem pretty grand by comparison.

·
Banned
PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
17,697 Posts
Oh fuck, we have had the Grand Vitara over here for years, since the early 90's, it is a serious piece of crap........

·
Registered
1984 300GD "G" Wagen, and 1998 Steyr Puch 290GD "G" Van & a 1988 MB Trac 1000
3,310 Posts
From a European perspective they are a reasonable proposition.
more for the caravan towing fraternity who imagine they NEED a 4WD
The Peugeot common rail diesel is a cracker
Though I believe some of them use a Mazda lump
My kidneys still remember the once ( for 4 miles) I rode in the back of one of them f-----g Samuri thinngies, and that on the blacktop.

·
It was fun while it lasted
2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC RIP, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
11,130 Posts
Suzukis are pieces of shit. They may have the best warranty in the business but how does that do any good when you're broke down on the interstate at 2:00 a.m.?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts