Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew why the clk 430 is priced at 50,000 and its competition the bmw 330ci is only 35,000.<br><br>
<br><br>
Is there really something special about the clk which makes it worth the extra 15 grand.<br><br>
<br><br>
Please answer seriously.<br><br>
<br><br>
THanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Although they are both coupes, the BMW 3 series line really competes with the MB C Class....more

the CLK is in a different league. The 430 has a V8 engine while the 330 has an I6. The only comparable attribute the 430 has to the 330ci is that they're both coupes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CLK is a complete new developed ....

model in the mercedes-row. The BMW is builded up on the 'normal' 4-door bmw. So mercedes has a lot more of development-cost for the clk. The next point ist the V8 engine (frank told you). Then please put on the bmw - price all the extras, you have still in the clk 430. so you will get higher than 35,000 (i think, i dont know the exactly prices in usa - because i am from germany).<br> But at all, you have to pay a 'little' bit more for the mercedes star in front of the car. *smile

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: CLK is a complete new developed ....

We have recently tried to compare european<br> versions of c-coupe and 3-er Ci. If you add<br> all the extras lacking in the basic version of<br> BMW you will get about the same price as base<br> Mercedes. Examples? Steering wheel with<br> control buttons, ESP - all standard for MB,<br> extras for BMW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts