Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell what is different about the rear of my car?

I'm curious if you will pick up on it instantly. Also, what do you think of the change? I think its more symetrical. Anyways, just thought I'd have some fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Yes, you moved the 350 badge to the other side. Look ok.

Did you remove it with the hair dryer dental floss method? What did you use to glue it on?

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's how I removed it. I reattached it with 3M molding tape. I believe it is the same way MB attaches their emblems. FYI, I originally was going to use 3M trim adhesive. I am glad I didn't! I first tried a test on another car inside the painted wheel well. I left it for a day and went to remove it with the 'hair dryer/floss method.' When I did, it actually removed some paint! Ouch. This tape, in contrast, removes without damaging the paint just in case I decide to debadge. No harm, No foul.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Thanks for the post dsb...it looks good!

Hope to see you on one of the future Northern CA SLK Meet & Drives. I will be posting details about our 5/14/05 drive within the next few days...[;)]

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Motzkoman - 5/4/2005 9:44 PM

Thanks for the post dsb...it looks good!

Hope to see you on one of the future Northern CA SLK Meet & Drives. I will be posting details about our 5/14/05 drive within the next few days...[;)]
Thanks for the compliment. I attempted to go on the last trip but was short on time... and I don't care for rain. I'll try to make this next one. However, I need to get someone to watch the kids so my wife and I can enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
dsb:

Don't know if you got it, but here is a link to a quicktime movie on that last drive:

https://home.comcast.net/~motzkoiii/05AprSLK.mov

Also, you can view pictures at:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=mfpng46.6ahlfca&x=0&y=-rjzzb0

Catch you in the future...[;)]

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Looks good, took me a few seconds to realise what was different!!!! [:D]

But, and this could just be me and my eyes, does the 350 seem lower than the SLK?? Or was it just the angle the photo was taken at???? [:I]

·
Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
788 Posts
beverage - 5/6/2005 10:52 AM

But, and this could just be me and my eyes, does the 350 seem lower than the SLK?? Or was it just the angle the photo was taken at???? [:I]
It looks like he has it lined up (even) with the lower edge of the trunk top.

It's two things, slight "fish-eye" bow to the pic (camera lens being on wide angele), and the camera is slightly tilted to the right (check the amount of cement between bottom of pic and each rear tire.

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
beverage - 5/6/2005
I took extra time to ensure it lined up evenly. As far as the picture goes, I might have forgotten to tighten my left shoe laces.[;)]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts