Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300D Turbo
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a line on an 83 300D Turbo for about $100-$200.
aparently it was working lika a charm before it got rear ended and the owner just left it at a friend of a friend's place and walked away.
I haven't seen the car but if it was used year round up here in "salt the roads all winter long" country, i expect the body parts to less than pristeen.
He was planning on parting it out but decided he needs the space instead.
I'm currently living in a condo but do have access to storage space (large garden shed)
I was figuring it would be worthwhile to pull anything I can get to with hand tools and store them just in case I need them (alterator, AC compressor, door vaccums .
I know I need the starter, cause mine's been tempermental lately
Is it worth my effort to go for some of the heavier duty parts like the differential, brake components, starter, injector pump, suspension/steering components ... engine & tranny for that matter?
for all I know I may never need any of these.
I figure I can get her towed to a buddies shop (hoist and air toolsw galore) strip her down, pack up her organs in storage bins, and save them for a rainy day.

So what would you take?

·
Registered
83 500SEC, 84 300TD, 86 190E 5.0 M113, 87 300D, 01 CLK55, 02 C32, 02 C320T, 03 C320T4, 03 E55
2,600 Posts
everything :D

that last parts car i had was dragged away as only a shell

·
Registered
2007 S550
1,165 Posts
johnhef said:
everything :D

that last parts car i had was dragged away as only a shell

ditto

·
Registered
'87 300D
1,394 Posts
I'd strip it bare then cut the shell into pieces that would benefit people with either rust issues or accident repairs. Thus the entire car is reused

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,971 Posts
Any pics? I need some metal pieces for the rear fenders....

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts
bboybaroo, did you get my message?

·
Registered
'87 300D
1,394 Posts
euroamg said:
Any pics? I need some metal pieces for the rear fenders....
surf n turf (member on schumans and mshop) has a spare 240D me and him need to strip bare to the chassis... so it might be possible if the spots you need arent already rusted out.. ill let you know

·
Registered
European 1974 350SLC ,'78 300CD& '80 300CD sold , '81 240D SWMBO's Car '84 300CD & Euro
679 Posts
Like They Said :

Pretty much everything as the bits you don't swap onto your car , you cen sell off on E-Pay for a goodly bit of profit .

Grille , headlight surrounds , seats , engine & tranny complete , wheels (yes , those crusty things) , door actuators and handles with keys , uncracked dash , unbroken glovebox door and the list goes on and on....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts