Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone give me the pros and cons of the two? i am 23yrs old and i go out alot. i dont really race the cars cause i have a rx7 to do that but an extra 25hp wont hurt but not absolutely necessary. this will be my daily driver and i like automatics. thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Get the c43, faster and better looking

The c43 isn't as trendy as the clk430 and the AMG is faster. What kind of mods do you have on the rx7?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Get the c43, faster and better looking

If you compare the look of the C36 and the C43, you will see that the C43 has a more beautiful bodykit. Also, it's a newer model so it's better and it's better then the C43. If I were you, I would definetly go with the C43.

·
Registered
5 Posts
CLK430 Looks are timeless...Head Turner...you and I know what the 43 is capable of but that doesn't sound like what you're looking for. Everyday classic MB I would go with the 430...

·
Registered
99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB
2,282 Posts
Go with the 99 C43.
More exclusive, only about 500 produced.
Better power, handling and comfort.
Classic Benz styling.
Higher AMG resale value.

·
BenzWorld W208 Host
140 Posts
I have driven both and raced my CLK 430 against the C43 and there was nothing in it. The C43 feels a tad tighter to drive. So its simply a case of what looks your prefer. Why dont you try the CLK 55, then you wont need the RX7! BTW in the UK I see more C43's than CLK 430's?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Since owning my C43 in February I have never seen another on the road. Mabe I have been unlucky. I also live in th UK.

Go for the C43!!

·
Registered
1993 W201 190E 1.8i
947 Posts
Let me be the first to say that the '99 CLK is a bit ugly.
It looks overweight, bulbous and is the kind of Mercedes bought by people who know little about cars and read way too many fashion magazines.

The C43 shows those in the know that you're a real enthusiast, and Wayne's right.
They're rare. Much higher resale value, especially if kept standard and well-oiled.

Q-car or Cruiser, the choice is yours.

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,908 Posts
190Evoluzione said:
Let me be the first to say that the '99 CLK is a bit ugly.
It looks overweight, bulbous and is the kind of Mercedes bought by people who know little about cars and read way too many fashion magazines.

The C43 shows those in the know that you're a real enthusiast, and Wayne's right.
They're rare. Much higher resale value, especially if kept standard and well-oiled.

Q-car or Cruiser, the choice is yours.
+1....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts