Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im thinking about sellling my w124 1987 benz 300e... at the mid of next year. what things will raise the value of the car and what things will lower the value of the car? the engine is good and still uns smooth but the transmission is slipping a little :( im hoping that will only cost 100 to fix.. cuz its not THAT bad... any idea how much it will cost or how much it will range from? well im also thinking about changing the radio and the speakers... will that raise or lower the price of the car. should i keep the original parts and put them back in when i sell them or something? thanks in advance

-- freddie

·
Registered
95 E320 Cabriolet, 140K
1,332 Posts
It's best to keep a car original if you plan on selling it. Unless the buyer has the same tastes as yourself, it may turn most people off.

I would worry about basic things like the transmission before any kind of upgrade. To me there is no bigger turnoff than somebody putting work into "upgrading" a vehicle, when they could have been putting that work into fixing basic issues on a car that need attention.

It's hard to tell over the internet how much it'll cost to fix a slipping transmission.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts