Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 W210 E55 AMG, Silver/Black - Stock
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver's seat has gone "flat". Compared to the passenger seat, the leather is creased and the cushion feels weak (ie. I sit lower and feels harder). I've seen quite a few like ths.

I am going to go in and replace what is worn but since most of that stuff is special order, I would like to find out if there is something common that wears out so that I can order ahead of time and have it all back together within the day.

·
Registered
'03 Z4, '02 E55, '11 ML350
710 Posts
Herr SH,

I have to chuckle. I think you're leaving yourself wide open for a variety of comments on this one!;)

However, I see two issues. First, wear and tear on the leather surface. Second, loss of firmness of the cushion.

Both should be replaced at the same time. Also, how many miles on your car?

Last suggestion, no seconds for you at dinner tomorrow!:D And I'll be the first to say I should heed my own advice!!

Have a great holiday!

Mike K.

·
Registered
2000 W210 E55 AMG, Silver/Black - Stock
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hah! Not to discount the gravity of the current situation, but I bought the car with a real clean 125K on it and the seat had already seen extreme duty. That being said, I am certainly not helping the situation butt I do plan on enthusiastically destroying Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow with a callous and deliberate disregard for moderation.

The leather is actually in nice shape except for the common "crease" lines which I think are from stretching. I am assuming if I repair the support underneath, the creasing will not go away but it won't continue.

AFAIK, there is a "rubberized fiber" cushion and a spring panel under it. As the cushion is about $150 and the spring around $250, I don't want to just buy the parts, but also do not want to have to wait two days either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts