Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...got the truck back from the shop. Had fender flares installed. Luv em. Had hatch spoiler put on. Like it.

But then I also had silver accents added to the rear bumper cover. One minute I think they're ok, then next minute I want to rip the bumper cover off!

What do y'all think? My wife hates it. I have a thick skin so be honest [:D]

Attachments

·
Registered
CLK500 - ML320
831 Posts
Get rid of the Hatch Spoiler, no offense but it looks so random and out of place, the rest of your mods are awesome! Love it all!

My Vote: Keep it how it is, but get rid of the hatch spoiler... doesn't flow with the body...

·
Registered
02ML320 & 06RClass (sold)
1,632 Posts
Urgent - composite grill Q.

I agree 200% with Vik. Take out the "hatch thing", no good. I had been looking for that composite grill(outside the dealer) for a long time now. Where and how much for that "composite guard grill". Please let me know. Very interested. Thanks, man.

·
Registered
Ml 500SE
269 Posts
I never could understand why people want to hang that plastic stuff all over an otherwise slick looking ML. Reminds me of the plastic stuff GM hangs on their SUV's and PU's. Maybe the composite grill guard as it serves a function, especially in deer country. The silver accents gotta go though. Gotta agree with your wife on that one........sorry man that's how I see it!! [8D][8D]

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
Hatch spoiler looks fine to me. I could live with it and it would "grow" on me

but the grey bumper accents look like a bad case of the RhOIDS. STE- as in the realm of pimples on the back, hemor- as in well, if you have them you know what I mean. Just my opinion but opinions are like assholes. Pun intended.

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
586 Posts
You want honesty

I would take that little spoiler added above the license plate (what is that??!) and the grill has a little to much chrome/silver, I think the ML55 accents are just enough not to much and not to little (not sure if you wanted comments on this)

and I personally don't like the silver accents but that looks really hard to take off

I love the rest!

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback guys. Appreciate the honesty. Surprised that the hatch spoiler is so universally despised [:D] I'll have to rethink it. Looks like not too many people like the silver 'rhoids' er accents either. When I get some more work done, I'll probably go back to good old black (which will look better with twin chrome exhausts)

dewdaltz:
Composite grill is sold at A M G K I T for about $400 cheaper than the dealer. Wish I had seen this before I bought from dealer

·
Registered
2000 ML430, 2008 GL550, 2008 Ford F250 Superduty
815 Posts
hey where'd you get the flares? those have the bumper extensions we were talking about on another thread.

i personally dont like the rear hatch wing or the lower bumper inserts.

my $0.02

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the flares from my dealer. Had body shop put them on. Funny thing is they almost threw away the bumper extensions which were buried in the box. Good thing they thought there was something 'off' with the look of the flares and found the extensions in the box [:D]

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How hard is it to remove the rear bumper cover? Maybe I can just paint over the silver accents myself.
Anyone have instructions?

Thanks [}:)]

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,548 Posts
I think that by now you've gotten the message - the rear hatch thing and the rear

bumper chrome thingies MUST GO. Otherwise, nice ML.

·
Registered
1999 ML430
47 Posts
The flares and hatch spoiler look great, but those grey things make it look like my Mom's 04 Caravan...got to get rid of those.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've never seen a hatch spoiler, kind of having mixed feelings, guess it would take some getting use to, as for the silver accents added to the rear bumper cover, you're right, it will look much better in black, especially if you're going to add the exhaust you're talking about.

Vehicle really looks good after the mods.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
I would dump the hatch spoiler and silver accents ASAP, everything else is copasetic.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Actually...

bocobod - 3/29/2005 3:46 PM

But then I also had silver accents added to the rear bumper cover. One minute I think they're ok, then next minute I want to rip the bumper cover off!
[:D]
contrary to others here, I do like the accents to the rear bumper cover. However the hatch spoiler looks like something that you would find on a Civic, and I personally would lose it [:)]

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
Paint the bumps black and lose the spoiler thingy.

Nice rig. The flares look great. The grill is fine in my opinion.

[:)]

Now we need pics of your wife.

Just kidding.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Benz4Dirt&Sky - 3/30/2005 9:57 PM

Paint the bumps black and lose the spoiler thingy.

Nice rig. The flares look great. The grill is fine in my opinion.

[:)]

Now we need pics of your wife.

Just kidding.

Dont lie .. you know you wanna see some pics !! LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts