Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am looking for some guidance or what to buy for my next vehicle, or maybe what to stay away from. I'd love a nice S500 4-matic...

I owned a beautiful 2001 BMW 750iL and loved everything about it, other than it's proclivity to want to go back to the repair shop every 6 weeks for a $2,500 visit on average.

Then I owned a beautiful 2004 Lexus LS430 Ultra and liked it alot. The ride wasn't anything special, but, it stayed away from the repair shop ...until the day some sensor in the air-ride went caput, and the car failsafe'd on its tippy toes and demanded a multi-thousand dollar repair.

Then I lost my job...

I now have a new job and need a car. I would love to slide into the aforementioned S500 or 430 4-matic (I live in Massachusetts). I've heard to stay away from pre-2003 models.

Can you folks give me some guidance on what to look for, what to stay away from, or if I should just go get an LS 430 without the air ride or a Toyota Avalon or something (sorry).

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,717 Posts
Been there... the "lifetime" spark plugs harness for 12 cylinder BMW was $1700 few years ago. I was very fortunate to find a buyer who was planning to export the car to China and did not worry about CA smog. Funny part the flagship of BMW was using $2.50 cork gaskets on oil pan that could never hold the oil. I had earlier model.
My profile shows what I found as the best bang for the bucks.
W210 models for strange reasons sell pretty cheap, while are one of the best cars on used car lots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts