Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Mercedes Benz E350 Coupe
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just picked up a 2013 C207 from the Mercedes dealer in Santa Monica a few weeks ago. If it had been any other car I would’ve left as the dealer experience was horrific. Anyway, the vehicle was checked over by an indie shop in LA and everything was in working order. The man I worked with was perplexed as to why I brought in a car that didn’t need any work but I wanted to be sure that I wasn’t getting screwed by the dealer (again, in part because of the experience I had). I found a website to decode the vin number and was able to get a better idea of the options that are fitted to my Merc. I noticed that there was the 486-Sports Suspension option. I’m not super familiar with what that entails in terms of maintenance. I don’t plan on utilizing the sport mode much as traffic doesn’t really allow for that here. It definitely makes the car feel bumps and imperfections in the road more so than the standard sedans I’ve always driven (BMW and Lexus). So mainly, my question is what had been the experience with having a sports suspension?

·
Registered
2016 E400 Coupe
114 Posts
In my experience, the sport suspension is just as you described: it "makes the car feel bumps and imperfections in the road more so than the standard sedans". I've read that models without it have a softer, more supple ride. Regarding maintenance, I'm not aware of any special requirements for the sport suspension; you may be thinking of the Airmatic suspension, which is a very different product and prone to failures.

·
Registered
2013 Mercedes Benz E350 Coupe
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my experience, the sport suspension is just as you described: it "makes the car feel bumps and imperfections in the road more so than the standard sedans". I've read that models without it have a softer, more supple ride. Regarding maintenance, I'm not aware of any special requirements for the sport suspension; you may be thinking of the Airmatic suspension, which is a very different product and prone to failures.
Oh yeah I know that AirMatic is often a trouble point if it hasn’t been well maintained and I was making it a point to stay away from it. I wasn’t sure if I had to worry about the sport suspension being as delicate as AirMatic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts