Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SLK320
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys,

some moron scratched the driver-side front bumper on my beauty. GAAAWD! why do u do this to me?? what do u do about these people??. I just noticed it this aftenoon. no clue when it happened.

I always park away from everyone else on earth..er..everyone else in the parking lot but one of those rare times when I have to park bang in the middle of a 1000 cars what can u do??? dang it!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah[:(][:(][:(]

·
Registered
SLK in brilli silver
854 Posts
water off a ducks back man. I just let it go, hafta around here. I dont know of a car that doesnt have scrapes on the drivers rear and rear center at the least. I am still tryin to figure out how someone scratched the driver side front. Anyway I feel your pain but remember the first one hurts the most :)

·
Registered
2002 SLK32 AMG, 2006 CLS55 AMG
109 Posts
I've had the same experience, though not with my slk yet (knock on wood). I thought up a reason for it, I called it the "Moron's Code"[:(!]. If the moron is driving a piece of rusty junk, they always look for the nicest car in the lot, and park as close as possible. They probably think the closer they get, the better their piece of junk is[V]. It is kind of like the woman who drives a old rusty camaro & fingers at us for driving our nice SLK, saying "At least it's paid for"[:eek:)].

The bad news is the world is full of them[V], call them what you will, they are a sad reality of this world. I just think most of it is jealousy and those who always blame the world for their lot in life[:(].

Last weekend I parked way out from the masses, and sure enough, some rusty camaro was parked next to me when I was leaving. No, I'm not picking on camaro's or ladies (the note above was from another post relating to those who don't like high-priced drivers).

Best thing to do is to keep a close eye on it, and keep trips away short (or within view). I have found that car valets will sometimes let you park your slk away from others for a large tip. I guess they use it to impress others to let them park their cars.

Of course, you can always put it in a display case, and never drive it. But I bought mine to drive, and if they scratch it, I'll have to just get over it. I hate how some people just must vandalize others properties, just to prove they can. Those folks will never drive a slk or anything else nice.[;)]

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
You can always pay a visit to your friendly neighborhood body shop. Some will repair little dings and scrapes for very reasonable prices, especially this time of year when the winter and deer season is over and their business has slowed a bit.

·
Registered
2003 SLK320
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tjfunny1!

man, that was funny that u mentioned the camaro lady from another posting. I was the author of that!! haha! its here...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1209212&start=1&fid=26

Miked619: for ur question: "I am still tryin to figure out how someone scratched the driver side front. "

it was one of those best buy lots where cars face each other in a single file kinda like this:

X I X
X I X
X I X
X I X

where X is any car and I is the center divider between the cars. Usually, "I" is made of 2 sets of curb-stones so that a car on one side does not get too close to the one on the other. But in cases where there is no curb-stone but just a white line of paint, ur front side bumper can get messed up if somebody parks in really close in front of u.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230- RED
461 Posts
Once upon a time, I happened upon a jerk that had driven in a new chevy truck - he was using his pocket knife to scrape away the fender paint to see if the car was aluminum.....his excuse for the vandalism. When confronted, he suddenly attempted to get in the chevy and leave. So I just used his knife to see if his hood was really steel by sticking it straight thru the hood in a downward motion right in front of the driver....and just left the knife sticking out of the hood for him to get out. My stabbing motion also left a crease caused buy my fist and arm bones. Made him get in and drive off - before I did any more damage to him or his vehicle. Even with the knife gone, he will always have a reminder not to mess around with other people's cars.

Hint to all vandals out there---never bring a knife to a gunfight.

Regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts