Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
W140 1997 S600L, W124 1993 320TE, W211 320CDI
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm travelling over Christmas I'm leaving my S600 at the workshop to have some minor oil leaks sorted. The head gaskets and valve cover gaskets will be replaced.

Is there anything else worth checking/repalcing while the headers and valve covers are off?

I'll get them to change the infamous double T joint at the rear of the engine as it's a pita to reach on the V12 any other time.

Anything else?

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
Yes .. Before they put the pipes back on the bottom of the exhaust..Start the engine ..and record it on your Ipod.. then I can get a copy... I didnt do it when I had the chance forgot the recorder.... NOTHING in the world sounds as good as a 12 with no mufflers...

·
Registered
1996 Mercedes-Benz S500
721 Posts
Yes .. Before they put the pipes back on the bottom of the exhaust..Start the engine ..and record it on your Ipod.. then I can get a copy... I didnt do it when I had the chance forgot the recorder.... NOTHING in the world sounds as good as a 12 with no mufflers...
lol i was just about to say the same thing... make sure your engine still starts and make a video.... and rev it a few times... haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts