Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ordered a 2011 E350 with the AMG Wheel Package and was wondering what kind of tire it comes with....Michellin PS2s or Continental Contisport Contact 3? The specs shows the car has the 5 twin spoke 18" AMG wheels. (Perhaps this is a change for 2011 as opposed to the 6 twin spoke on 2010 models)

Anyone recently took delivery of a 2011 with the AMG wheel package? If so what tires came with it?

·
Registered
2011 E550 Sport, 2012 SLK 350, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
20 Posts
My 2011 E550 which arrived in the US the last week in October came with Continentals (ContiProContact) on the AMG wheels.

·
Registered
2018 GLS450; 2017 AMG GLE43; retired 2014 CLS550; 2010 E350
28 Posts
Continental Conti-Pro Contact here...but question on the AMG rims...

The other day my right rear rim contacted some object on the road (brick?), it was at night an poorly lit...and damaged the rim edge...tire is unscathed...can someone recommend a service to repair this? What would a new AMG style rim cost?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Continental Conti-Pro Contact here...but question on the AMG rims...

The other day my right rear rim contacted some object on the road (brick?), it was at night an poorly lit...and damaged the rim edge...tire is unscathed...can someone recommend a service to repair this? What would a new AMG style rim cost?
Not sure where you are located but here in SoCal there are many mobile businesses that fix "curb rash" on rims. Not sure what the degree of damage is on your rim but it sounds cosmetic. If that's the case, these mobile repair guys can do it on the spot and costs about $50-$80. They can match the paint and clearcoat of your rim. I know a guy that does great work for our two cars in the past but he is in SoCal.

A new AMG wheel will cost anywhere from $400-$600 depending on the style you have. It's amazing how upgrading to AMG wheels when you order your car is only $760 for all 4 wheels(AMG Wheel Package) as opposed to buying the same wheel a la carte yourself.

·
Registered
W212 E350: AMG Sport/P2/Pano/Etc. & '09 Chevy Malibu / Sold M-B's: '06 E350 & '02 S500
514 Posts
A new AMG wheel will cost anywhere from $400-$600 depending on the style you have. It's amazing how upgrading to AMG wheels when you order your car is only $760 for all 4 wheels(AMG Wheel Package) as opposed to buying the same wheel a la carte yourself.
You do have to factor in the cost of the original Sport wheels. In reality, the AMG wheels probably don't cost any more to make (and are of the exact same dimensions, and use the exact same tires, to boot), so that $760 is practically just extra profit to them. From a design standpoint, I made sure that the W212 I was buying had the ones specifically without the 6-Spoke design, and with the 5-Spoke, and when I found it it cost less, that was just a bonus.

Oh, and my car has Pirelli's. Was stoked when I finally realized that not too long ago, as I've always thought they were the "coolest" tires. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I made sure that the W212 I was buying had the ones specifically without the 6-Spoke design, and with the 5-Spoke, and when I found it it cost less, that was just a bonus.
I noticed the twin 5 spoke coming out with the 2011 E350/E550 AMG package. Then again, I've seen some 2011 still with the 6 spoke. The E350 we have on ordered states the "Twin 5 spoke" wheel on the order sheet the dealer guy emailed to me. I just hope that's what we get. It looks much better than the 6 spoke design.

·
Registered
2011 E350 Estate, Wife's 2014 C350 sedan
29 Posts
My E350S4 was delivered yesterday. The AMG wheels were the 18" 5 spoke and had Continential Conti Pro Contacts.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We finally got our car....came with 18" AMG Twin 5 Spoke with the Pirelli Pzero. Thanks all for the replies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts