Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes E430
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a jet black '99 E430. What tint do you recommend that matches well with this paint color? What name brand do you recommend I use, like Llumar and etc... Also how much would you pay for a good tint job? Thanks for any info.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Tint...

I used to tint windows in the past and have always sworn by Madico tint. They make a really nice and long lasting window film. I recently had my E tinted (my benz is silver) and so did one of my friends (his is black). Depending on how dark you like your tint, I always recommend 20% on the rear 5 windows and 35% on the front 2 roll-downs. It makes for a nice transition and gives you a little more visibility at night yet keeps that back a bit cooler for your back seats, especially since you're in Miami. On the average a really good tint job will cost you around $150-$170 depending on the size of the shop and their overhead expenses. Good luck...

·
Registered
E430T + 300SL (W107)
346 Posts
I tinted 3M 50% front / 20% rear on my E430T.
I think 35% (a little lighter) actually loo...

I tinted 3M 50% front / 20% rear on my E430T.
I think 35% (a little lighter) actually look better, especially on a sedan. With 35% you don't get the same mirror effect, just a nice dark shade. Reason I went for 20% is to better block the sun for the kids in the rear seat.

Personaly I think 35%is too dark for the front, it affects visability too much.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts