1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you read the article you can still do your brakes, tune ups etc, it’s more directed to people undertaking commercial work or work for others on a residential property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
7,942 Posts
Sad, Very sad. I'm in Sacramento County... :crying

:wtf:

Thanks for the link... It was a thought of changing W210 engine here in Sacramento county, but I'm going to change it in El Dorado county(next county over) for my dead wagon... Only because my buddy has the engine hoist there.

Martin

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Only in the People's Republic of California...

If someone wanted to challenge it, it appears to be overly vague, so much do that you'd never know if you were "legal" or not. And I don't know how they'd charge you so much to challenge a fine. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

·
Registered
206 Posts
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/sacramento-county-says-its-illegal-to-work-on-your-own-car-in-your-own-garage/ar-AADOizD?ocid=spartandhp

I came across this article on the net about it being illegal to work on your own car in your own garage! I thought it was a joke bbuuuttt no this is real. I'm no master mechanic or anything close to it but I do know the difference between a left handed wrench and such:wink

How is this even a thing?

I was trying to politely allude and inform people about California, and how they pass draconian motor laws, then lobby to get them forcibly instituted nationwide, then the scheming demons in kingly guise in Washington, DC force those same laws on the ENTIRE PLANET, or the vehicles cannot be manufactured or imported into the USA. I got a few replies saying oh yes, such a great idea, for "smog". BS. give these people ONE INCH, they'll take your entire life away, and enslave you. a war was started here in 1776, and thousands died, just to get rid of that kind of government. Now we have a population that just sits by, texting on their cellphones, while their rights and life are being legislated away.

listen to the song by Rush entitled "Red Barchetta". it's coming....it will be reality.

this is why I've been tearing those emission controls off my car with impunity for 40 years now. it's your own way to say "no thank you". if they want less pollution, stop building 100 story highrises on top each other, and making people live in a hive mentality. humanity needs to be spread out, otherwise yes you will have high pollution problems in the area of over-development and overpopulation. there's plenty of wide open spaces that a home can be built on acreage, not a 1/4 acre lot. they're just too greedy to give it up, and they gobbled it all up long ago so no one can live that way.

it all boils down to their greed, and even more so they're need to control the people, and thirst for power.

we had a local HOA code enforcement guy, the first week he got the job, went around and took pictures of any older car sitting in a driveway he could find. he hit 4 cars on my street alone. sent everyone letters. then he started harassing the road crew while servicing the water/sewer lines, and hassled a biker who lives here about how loud his Harley was. well we all converged on him at once. the biker threatened to tear his head off in the driveway. the utility workers foreman went to the HOA and complained. I hired a lawyer, paid $450, and sent the HOA a detailed letter stating when I bought my home 25 years ago, the rules they were trying to enforce did not exist, and I"m not bound to abide by them- unless I purchased the house AFTER they passed the new ordinance. the next day they fired the HOA code enforcement guy.

you have to take them on immediately in massive resistance. don't wait.

·
Premium Member
2,789 Posts
1994v12, have to agree with you having lived in Kaliforniastan for more years than I care to admit to. This State has spiraled into the dump. Highest and lowest of all things in the Country. I'd move away like most everyone else but I'm too effing old!
Anziani

·
Premium Member
2,789 Posts
1994V12,
You don't tell us where you live but I'll bet it is NOT Kaliforanistan. If you "tear the emission controls off your car" then welcome to "No Pass" smog test results that gives you no current registration and a ticket every time some cop spots your "out of date" license plate sticker.
Anziani

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Watch the linked video. Lehto is an attorney, and he eviscerates the Sacramento County law against working on your own car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
jal1224
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing