Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
03' SLK230-Sold, 05' C320
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to get something out of the trunk yesterday and when I closed it, I noticed that it didn't "latch" itself. After pushing down on the trunk gently a couple more times, I pressed the unlock button on my remote and tried to close the trunk again and it closed perfectly. This has never happened before. Has this happened to anyone else? And what the heck is wrong??? Thanks for your help!!

wendy [:X]

·
Registered
SLK 230, BMW 540
49 Posts
Isn't that just the anti-theft system doing what it's supposed to? Sometimes I add fuel from a drum in which case I unlock the car using the remote, open the petrol filler flap and start filling. After a minute or so everything re-locks itself. I have to use the remote unlock again to be able to close the petrol flap because the catch has locked itself and prevents the flap closing. I'm sure the trunk lock does the same thing.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
If after unlocking your car with the remote you do not open a door in ~30 seconds the car relocks itself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ok i know exactly what happend.. somehow Your locking mechanism was in lock position without the trunk latch being seated.probably did not retract all the way when opening. so when you unlocked it. the latch opened therfore letting you close it properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts