Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
AMG C43
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1999 C43 has 100,000 miles, rear shocks are getting sloppy. What is the best combination of new lower springs and new shocks to install . I drive a lot of highway miles so I want to maintain the ride comfort . Thanks for input
John

·
Registered
99' C43 AMG "T Rex", Ultima Sports Can-Am (in build)
233 Posts
Hi, welcome and congratulations on your choice of a c43. Great cars :D
Regarding your question, I would suggest you search around on this forum (and elsewhere too). You will certainly find plenty of information and answers to your question if not ALL what you are looking for :thumbsup:

·
Registered
E36 AMG & C36 AMG
135 Posts
Did you find a good combination? I'm also looking to upgrade the suspension on my c36

·
Registered
AMG C43
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At this time I have not done that much more investigations , when I do I will let you know. JohnnyO

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used Blistein sport (frnt & rear)
Spring slam with H&R super sport...........

Front AMG 18x8 tires 215/40/18
Rear AMG 18x9 tires 285/30/18
fit perfect !...............

·
Registered
AMG C43
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The height of the car looks really good, what springs do you have with the Bill stein shocks and how is the ride .
Thanks John

·
Registered
E36 AMG & C36 AMG
135 Posts

cool, what size bump pads (spring pads) did you use back and front? i currently have 4 bumps on my front spring pads, which is quite high and 3 bumps on the back. but i need heavier springs. i know the bilstien sport are the standard shocks on these cars direct from amg factory. not sure about the springs! but the springs are really cheap from mercedes uk - only £48.50 +VAT so i will stick to the standard amg springs. the bilstien sport is quite pricey though from mercedes for these cars around £120 +VAT each.

lawbreaker - is your car lower than standard? or was this height from new? did you need to adjust any suspension linkages? are the wheels sitting vertically or are they bending slightly inwards from the top when you look at the car directly from the back?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use the stock bump stop,since is still good!..... not sure what # ?,but tell u what it handle perfect with that new spring H&R super sport (blue color) with that Blistein sport all the way around ! Height wise is lowered than stock if u read on the spring spec + depend on what size tire you using too, but the way it seat vertically perfect no bend and allignment setting still in spec no problem !.........

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im running vogtlands, with #5 pads up front, #4 pads in the rear, koni externally adjustables, and kmac front and rear camber/caster adjusters--I likey alot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts