Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9191 Mercedes 300ce
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know this car. I would like to know what size rims are on this 500e. As far as I can tell he or she is running an amg 8-6 piston caliper on it as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
9191 Mercedes 300ce
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys.I ask the quetion because I just picked up a 94 500e and I sort of liked how the car sits with these.I hear going 19 on these cars is a no no .Mean lookin 500 by the way Andrea

·
Registered
1994 E500
448 Posts
19" are not as bad as most people think, of course it could depend on the roads you drive. I does help alot if you get light weight good quality tires and wheels also if you can.

·
Registered
Depends on the week
3,727 Posts
thanks guys.I ask the quetion because I just picked up a 94 500e and I sort of liked how the car sits with these.I hear going 19 on these cars is a no no .Mean lookin 500 by the way Andrea
19's are usually a no no on the non 500e bodies because their fenders can't take the mass. 17's are just under max for teh standard bodies

a 500e can stuff them up just fine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
682 Posts
cant believe im gonna say this, from my previous posts, but... 19" wheels will kill the performance of any 124, even the 500. there i said it.

(unles you buy some super light rays forgies like te37 or simerler, and use wobble bolts, but they wont be mercedes wheels, so most of you will winge about originalness...)

·
Registered
1994 E500
448 Posts
cant believe im gonna say this, from my previous posts, but... 19" wheels will kill the performance of any 124, even the 500. there i said it.

(unles you buy some super light rays forgies like te37 or simerler, and use wobble bolts, but they wont be mercedes wheels, so most of you will winge about originalness...)
Some will be suprized if they weigh thier stock wheels AND tires, my 19" set up is only about 5 lbs more then my stock wheels and my 19" wheels are heavy, but the tires help to balance it out.

·
Registered
9191 Mercedes 300ce
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im directing this question to the guys with the 19s , hows the ride? Any down sides?

·
Registered
1994 E500
448 Posts
Im directing this question to the guys with the 19s , hows the ride? Any down sides?
For me the key is tires that rate HIGH in ride quality and that are low in weight. Most guys look for the best grip but I dont road race on the street so that not higest on my list.

Me and a few others I trust could not really tell when I changed from 17" to 19"'s

·
Registered
682 Posts
Some will be suprized if they weigh thier stock wheels AND tires, my 19" set up is only about 5 lbs more then my stock wheels and my 19" wheels are heavy, but the tires help to balance it out.
so you recon your 19" tyres are lighter than your stock tires?

·
Registered
9191 Mercedes 300ce
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Karlc . What brand and size tire front and back are you running if you dont mind me asking?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts