Your mom
5,908 Posts
You forgot the tires there, big shoots.

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
2,070 Posts
How much price one of this rims?
this entire thread is years old, your better off starting a new thread asking questions that are direct and specific to your car.

I'll take a guess, I think the wheels you "MAY" be asking about are AMG Monoblock style II, in 17", more specifically C36 wheels.

Not really knowing exactly what you want, if it's just one wheel or a complete set, but C36 wheels came staggered, different widths front and rear.

Which wheel or wheels are you looking for, fronts are 7.5x17et35, rears are 8.5x17et30...?

If none of that means anything to you, you need to study up on wheels sizes and as they relate to specific model cars.

It may be better for you to start a new thread stating what you currently have, and what your looking for.

Pictures always help, something like this below.... if this is what you want, now you know what they are called and the sizes and part numbers. If you need something else, then you need to provide more information..good luck

Reactions: khomer2

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
2,070 Posts

·
Registered
1976 BMW 2002. 1991 250TD. 1995 E320. 2018 Honda Africa Twin
2,683 Posts
Nice Color

WOW, love that color, wish my CE was your color. Mine is 199, and the 500E I just bought is a 199, and I wish it wasn't so expensive to swap colors all together. I'm a little tired of charcoal colored cars.

Anyway back on topic, while I've owned my CE I've also had the exact same wheel set, and when I bought mu car it had the similarly sized Mono I SLK wheels. I did not lower my CE and occasionally it would rub in the back. I had the rear fenders rolled and the rubbing went away.

His problem may be that he has lowered it too much, which make the problem worse of course. Using a set of all 4 front wheels, you could still put a wider tire on the back to give a staggered look, but a et35 wheel would pull the tire away from the fender.

BTW, the spec's for your wheels (you quote), are off "slightly", your fronts are really ET35 if they are AMG C36/43 wheels, it's the Mono I SLK wheels that have ET37 fronts, I know because I owned both set types and ran them both. I ran the same tire sizes as yours on both these two sets as well, they looked great.

The reason I sold both sets, Mono I's and II's, was that by luck I ran accross a set of 16" true OZ Aero I 3 piece wheels. These wheels did not come staggered, all 7.5" wide, but to me now, they are the perfect 124 wheel, with an et of 40, they are perfectly sized for a 124, and the 16" tire is just a better ride. I could lower mine a lot, and these wheels would still NOT rub.

Kudos on you CE, really nice.
I know i'm responding to a 5 year old post.
I rather enjoy being able to go 10- 20 over without attracting undue attention from the rozzers. Grey, invisible cars for the win. Bright, red, shiny, cars for the cars and coffee meets.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts