Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a set of H&R lowering springs for my new C-Class. The drop is about 1' gap between the fender and the wheel in the front. The rear has less than a 1/4' gap. I have 19x9 Carlsson 2/5 brilliants in the rear and they rub with passengers in the back. I was wondering what size pads I should use in the rear to raise it about 1/4-1/2'. I was told this is possible. Right now they are the OEM pads. Any assistance about these pads would help. Thank you in advance.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It depends what the current pad size is. Each size represents a change of 5 mm.

Have you rolled your fenders? If you like the ride height, you may want to consider doing that first. It most likely will be cheaper than to change the spring pads, since that is the same amount of labor as changing the springs.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: It depends what the current pad size is. Each size represents a change of 5 mm.

It is the stock pads with the H&R springs. I want to raise it about 1/4' cause it is too low in the rear. Let me know.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Ask your dealer what size pads you have, it may not be possible to go up 2 sizes.

it is possible to change it to any size there are 4 sizes. u can tell which ones u have by looking under your car and on top of the spring is the pad. u have to count how many small nipples they have on it in a line.<br> that will tell u.

·
Registered
c240,240sx
29 Posts
i have a c240 w/ H&R SPORT SPRINGS and yes it's alot higher in front by vision but it actually sit even. i may cut the the front by 1/2 or 3/4 to give it a rake look when i change the shocks to koni. on mine i have 2 nipples on the pads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts