Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111/123/124/126/140/201
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 97 S600 and I have some questions
1) THe headlight wiper never work! Also I didnt see there is any nozzles. My 94 E420 I can easily see where the nozzles are. My question is, should I fix this problem ( I am not a DIYer)? Coz here I never see any snow and fixing an item that I will never use seems a little stupid.... but I love my car so much and I hope every options work.........

2) The front passanger side seat has a funny problem, when I adjust the seat to go backward, it will go forward instead, (sometimes it will go back and forward) is it a easy fix?

3) My AC is blow ice cold but i cannot get any heat, the rear AC blow both ice cold and heat, is it a easy fix? if the rear vent got heat is that mean my duovalve is still working?

4) I guess my ESP has some problems, there is no warning light but i just cant feel it is working, does anyone has this kind of experience. I am very sure during wet weather and when I hit gas hard at stop night, the ASR or ESP should reduce engine power and the yellow triangle will be flashing

any opinion is welcome!

·
Premium Member
1997 S600 (sold)
4,660 Posts
1. The nozzles are integrated into the wiper arm. Take a close look. First read your owner's manual. Do you realize the wipers only work when the lights are turned on? Check your fuse box. Is there a fuse that is specifically for the wipers? I don't have my car with me right now so I can't say. Check that first. If you get no action at all from the wipers, it seems that they aren't getting any electrical signal to turn on. Maybe it's the switch in the turn signal stalk. Check all electrical connections to the wiper motors. If you want to start replacing parts, start with the right side motor. This motor controls the electrical signals to the left side (at least on my US model 97 S600.) I replaced my right side motor, and that fixed all my problems.

2. The panel that the seat switches are mounted to is easy to remove. May just be a bad switch. Probably not difficult to replace, but I haven't had to do it.

3. Not sure. May still be the duo valve. Front and rear heat and AC are completely separate systems in the 600.

4. Already discussed. I don't have any tips. I remember that you're right about the triangle coming on permanently when ESP is turned off. If your triangle is not on, then your ESP should be on, and it should work just like ASR.

www.alldatadiy.com It's worth it.

Brett

·
Registered
CL 500 // S 500 L // E 320 T
548 Posts
On number 2, had the same problem on my S 500L. I disconnected the underseat lines and hooked them up again and the problem was cured.

·
Registered
111/123/124/126/140/201
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all!
1) My car is RHD model so I am not sure if it is the same as the US model. I know the headlight must be on before using the Headlight wiper (i got 96 560SEL/94 E420...their headlight wipers work! i dont know why a 97 S600 quit so soon.....)
The LHS worked only once and park at 45degree. THe RHS never work. No Water found. Now both wiper quit working and no water/sound from the headlight wiper too

But again, I dont see snow here...am I too stupid to repair the option that is no use to me?

2) I will bring my car to the indy to check for the ESP/Duovalve, hope can find the problem...and bless not a costly repair

1 - 4 of 4 Posts